Tuesday, February 14, 2017

New Work | In the Studio



Hello dear readers. I've been busy painting and have three new completed pieces to share with you today. These past few weeks have been a strange and dark time for the United States. My response to the chaos and uncertainty coming from the white house has been to make art. The pieces below are all a kind of protest, I suppose. But the core theme is, as always, human interconnectedness.

I hope you all have a beautiful Valentine's Day. 


Las Hermanas   |   36 x 36 inch acrylic on canvas

Joan  |  24 x 24 inch acrylic on canvas

Seraphim   |   30 x 30 inch acrylic on canvas

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Very interesting painting...
To me, they speak of the hopelessness and emptiness of humans beings whose hope is based on externals -- someone, something or circumstances -- to lift them out of their despair.
While I disagree about the source of the "darkness" (the Whitehouse), I DON'T disagree about your evaluation of it (chaos and uncertainty).
At any rate, your interpretation of current events has fueled your creative response--a striking and wordless depiction of the masses.